State/Province: Region Hovedstaden
Postal Code: 2760
Research Enterprise Architect
Denmark / Måløv
Are you a motivated Enterprise Architect who can seamlessly bridge new technologies and business needs? Are you able to drive strategic discussions among groups of senior stakeholders and management teams to translate business strategy into technology platform requirements?
If yes, we have the right opportunity for you!
About the department
The position is anchored in the Project Execution department within R&D IT and is part of Global IT. The department’s focus is on R&D – mainly Research. You will be working closely with the different areas within research as well as the global functions within Global IT.
You will be part of a dynamic team consisting of numerous committed IT Project Managers and IT Architects, responsible for all major IT projects in the area. As Enterprise Architect, you’ll be considered a broad technical subject matter expert, ensuring that our architectural vision is anchored in our roadmaps. This will be in close collaboration with equal minded architects from other business units.
About the position
Significant for the role, will be your involvement in defining our architectural vision and target architecture in the research department. You will be responsible for overseeing solution & project implementations, by maintaining an enterprise-wide view and ensuring coherence to this. You will ensure that new technology solutions effectively establish new business capabilities and that current solutions are fully optimized.
It is important that you have a high-level of conceptual understanding and can translate business needs into concrete IT solutions, to implement the business visions and goals. You will be responsible ensuring producing target and reference architecture and encourage adherence to same. This includes improving the current IT infrastructure, optimizing business operations, and setting the direction and approach for integrating information applications and programs.
Enabled by continuous stakeholder management and a strong focus on building and influencing relationships the key areas of responsibility include:
- Develop and define the IT strategy with business in Research & Early Development and ensure coordination across the business area.
- Responsible for the long-term, strategic outlook for the IT landscape and technology product strategy.
- Drive architectural discussions and solution design within Research & Early Development.
- Define architecture guidelines and principles, while securing architecture review and coherence of major initiatives.
- Research representative in Global IT fora with focus on Enterprise architecture and solution definition and foundational needs.
- Being up to date on new IT technology trends and industry standards.
You are a good communicator across functions, levels, and cultures. You can listen as well as understand the IT and business complexities and able to translate these into opportunities.
You are proactive, curious and you want to take the lead in ensuring the best IT solutions.
Preferably, you have 5+ years of experience with the pharmaceutical industry in a similar role.
Post graduate education in project management and EA framework certification is desired (TOGAF, Zachman etc.) and / or AWS Certified Solution architect or equal further education.
You understand the importance of user experience and performance.
It is required of you to have:
- An educational level at MSc level in Computer Science, Economics, software engineering, Bioinformatics, Math or Physics or equivalent work experience.
- 10 years of professional experience (at least 5 years of experience in lead roles architecting complex distributions systems).
- Experience with scientific application landscape e.g. (LIMS, IMS, ELN or SDMS)
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and orally.
It is an advantage if you possess one or more of the following skills:
- Understanding from provision of IT for drug discovery, biotech, bioscience or healthcare domains
- Experience with application categories such as Laboratory Information Systems (LIMS), Electronic Lab Notebooks (ELN), Scientific Data Management Systems (SDMS)
- Solid understanding and experience of infrastructure, incl. AWS cloud infrastructure and integration.
- Solid software technology knowledge.
- Background in programming, allowing an understanding of the challenges and options in solution implement.
- Customer oriented, leadership skills with the ability to influence multiple levels of the organization.
As a person you are:
- Highly structured and organized.
- Self-driven, proactive, and responsible.
- A team player, happy to share experience, workload, and information with your colleagues.
- Flexible and able to function under time pressure.
Working at Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk is the leading pharmaceutical company within diabetes, located in the Copenhagen area. At Novo Nordisk we use our skills, dedication, and ambition to help people with diabetes and change their lives. By working with us you will have the opportunity to do the same in a global business environment. Fixating on perfection. We never shy away from opportunities to develop, we seize them. From research and development, through to manufacturing, marketing, and sales – we’re all working to move the needle on patient care.
In this recruitment process, Novo Nordisk is assisted by Capax Recruitment. For additional information about the position, please contact Rikke Barlund Hansen on +45 42 61 19 90, or at RHYY@novonordisk.com
To ensure an efficient and fair recruitment process, please refrain from adding a photo in your CV.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.